Ball mill steel balls are the medium for grinding materials in ball mill equipment. The friction between the steel ball of the ball mill and the material produces a peeling effect. In the working process of the ball mill, whether the grading of the mill body steel balls is reasonable or not is related to the working efficiency of the equipment. Only by ensuring a certain proportion of the various balls, can it be compatible with the particle size composition of the material to be ground, and a good grinding effect can be achieved. Reasonable selection of the gradation of the steel balls of the ball mill is an indispensable measure to improve the output and quality of the ball mill. Let’s take a look at how to obtain a reasonable gradation of the steel ball media of the ball mill grinding body.
The basic principle of ball mill steel ball classification
1. Processing of ore with large hardness and coarse particle size requires greater impact force and needs to load larger size steel balls, that is, the harder the material, the larger the diameter of the steel ball;
2. The diameter of the mill is large, the impact force is large, and the diameter of the steel ball is small;
3. If the double-layer partition board is adopted, the ball diameter should be smaller than the single-layer partition board of the same discharge section;
4. Generally, four-level balls are allocated, with few big balls, few small balls, and big middle balls, that is, “less at both ends and more in the middle”.
Factors to be considered when the ball mill steel balls are proportioned
1. Equipment model, such as the diameter and length of the cylinder;
2. Production requirements, that is, the user’s standard for the grinding fineness of materials;
3. Material performance refers to the initial particle size, hardness and toughness of the material being ground;
4. Please pay attention to the size, and do not blindly pursue large specifications.
Post time: Sep-24-2021